Below are topic specific job search books for
finding private sector, government,
and nonprofit jobs.
- A Guide To America's Federal Jobs: A Complete Directory Of U.S. Government Career Opportunities. Taylor, Karol and Janet, M. Ruck.
- The Book of U.S. Government Jobs: Where They Are, What’s Available and How to Get One. Damp, Dennis V., Robert A. Juran, and Salvatori Concialdi.
- Federal Resume Guidebook: Write a Winning Federal Resume to Get in, Get Promoted, and Survive in a Government Career! Troutman, Kathryn K.
- How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job: Your Complete Guide to Opportunities, Internships, Resumes and Cover Letters, Application Essays (KSAs), Interviews, Salaries, Promotions and More! Whiteman, Lily.
- The Student's Federal Career Guide: 10 Steps to Find and Win Top Government Jobs and Internships. Troutman, Kathryn K., Emily K. Troutman, and David, Ph.D. Raikow.
- Ten Steps to a Federal Job: How to Land a Job in the Obama Administration, 2nd Edition. Troutman, Kathryn K.